An allergy is an overreaction of the immune system to a substance that’s harmless to most people. But in someone with an allergy, the body’s immune system treats the substance (called an allergen) as an aggressor and reacts inappropriately, which results to the symptoms that can be anywhere from annoying to possibly harmful to the person.
When first time a person come in contact to an allergen, they do not usually experience a reaction. It often takes some time for the immune system to build up a sensitivity to the substance.
In time, the immune system learns to recognize and remember the allergen. As it does so, it starts making antibodies to attack it when exposure occurs
WHAT IS ALLERGY???
WHEN ANY EXTERNAL OR INTERNAL THING DOESN’T ACCEPTED BY BODY, BODY SECRETS SOME ENZYMES TO OVRECOME THIS INCOMPATIBILITY WHICH IS KNOWN AS ALLERGY
Can Ayurveda Better To Treat Allergy?
- Ayurveda clinics around the world are offering treatment services.
- They offer home remedies that have no side effects
- Results are more effective as compare to other treatment methods
AYURVEDA STATES THAT ANY DISTURBANCE IN THE LEVELS OF THE TRI ENERGIES, like, VATA, PITTA AND KAPHA LEADS TO ALLERGIC REACTIONS.
Vata related allergy:
All Vata aggravating factors.
Such people are allergic to dry, bitter, spicy and astringent foods, raw foods, cold foods, beans, cold dry and windy weather, excessive stress and overactivity.
Pitta related allergy:
Pitta aggravating factors like spicy, sour and salty foods containing citric fruits, fermented food articles, hot weather and extreme sunny times. Such people have sensitive skin and are allergic to certain fabrics, metals, synthetic materials etc.
Kapha related allergy:
Kapha aggravating factor like sweet, sour, salty foods including dairy foods, cheese, yoghurt, milk etc. fruits like cucumber, water melon may lead to allergy. The allergies gets aggravated during cold, rainy and cloudy season.
Why only Some People Have Allergy???
- Heredity:Certain allergies are transferred genetically from parents to their children
- Environmental factor:environmental pollution, allergen levels and dietary changes.
- Infectious diseases during early childhood,
- Allergies can develop at any age
Symptoms of Allergy
- Skin allergy has symptoms like itching, reddening, and flaking or peeling of the palm skin.
- Allergic rhinitis has features like congestion, itching and discharge from the nose and itchy, watery eyes.
- Asthma has features like coughing, chest tightness, shortness of breath and wheezing.
- Food allergy include, dizziness, light-headedness or fainting abdominal pain, diarrhoea, nausea or vomiting, anaphylaxis and hives.
- A severe allergic reaction to food called anaphylaxis. Anaphylaxis is a condition in which a feeling of warmth, flushing tingling in the mouth or a red, itchy rash. Other symptoms may include feelings of light-headedness, shortness of breath severe sneezing,anxity, stomach or uterine cramps, and/or vomiting diarrhoea. In some severe cases, patients may experience a drop in blood pressure. Anaphylaxis can be to dangerous.
Diet and Lifestyle Advice
- Have just prepared and warm food.
- Avoid stale & junk food.
- Kapha-aggravating foods like dairy, wheat, sugar, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, bananas, oranges and grapefruits has to be avoided.
- Covering your nose in dusty or cold surroundings.
- When a person feel slight congestion, take a steam inhalation treatment.
- Should not sleep in the open and cover yourself properly before going to sleep.
Herbs which are useful in treating allergy
THIS ALL HERBAL MEDICINES ARE THE BEST ANTI INFLAMMATORY AND ANTI ALLERGIC HERBS.
IT PROVIDES RELIEF FROM ALLERGIES DUE TO POLLEN GRAINS, RASHES haiAND VARIOUS SKIN DISORDERS.
THESE HERBS HAVE ANTI HISTAMINIC, ANTI-ALLERGIC CHARACTERISTICS, WHICH HELPS IN CUREING INFECTIONS AND OTHER CHRONIC ALLERGIC CONDITIONS.
IT ALSO CURES COMMON COLD, COUGH, MUCOUS PLUGS, BLEEDING AND OTHER SYMPTOMS OF ASTHMA AS WELL.
THIS HERB HAS ANTI-INFLAMMATORY, ANTIALLERGIC, ANTIMICROBIAL, CHARACTERISTICS
Home made remides for treating allergy
- Boil a teaspoon of freshly grated ginger in a glass of ksheera(milk). Add ¼ teaspoon of haldi(turmeric) powder. Take 01-02 times a day. Turmeric is a natural enhancer of immunity and acts as very best effective medicine in allergic rhinitis and very useful for treating allergy.
- Mix ½ teaspoon Indian Gooseberry (Amla) Fruit powder with one teaspoon of honey(Madhu). 2 times a day.
- Prepare the kashaya (decoction) by boiling ½ teaspoon of lavender root, ¼ teaspoon of maricha(black pepper) powder and one teaspoon of freshly squashed ginger along with 8-10 basil leaves in a glass of jala(water). Reduce the liquid to half of it. Add ½ teaspoon sugar(may or may not) drink cool in the morning and evening instead of tea / coffee.
- Avoid cosmetics, alcohol, and smoking.
- Apply a mixture of lemon juice and coconut oil on allergic area.
- Use Vitamin C excessively in daily diet
There is no way to prevent or cure an allergy, but it will be possible to prevent a reaction or manage the symptoms if a reaction occurs.
Those who are at risk of an allergic reaction should:
- Take measures of avoiding exposure to known allergens.
- Carry auto-injectors always and know how to use them correctly.
- Inform friends, relatives, colleagues, and everyone who are with you about the allergy and how to use the auto-injector.
- Wear a medical identification bracelet with details of the allergy.
- Undergo allergy testing frequently to know which substances to avoid.
- Medications: Depending on which kind of allergy, medications can help reduce your immune system reaction and ease symptoms. Your doctor will or may suggest over-the-counter or prescription medication in the form of pills or liquid, nasal sprays, or eyedrops.
- Immunotherapy:For severe allergies and the allergies which was not completely relieved by other treatment, your doctor might recommend immunotherapy. This treatment has a series of injections of purified allergen extracts, usually given over a period of a few years. Another type of immunotherapy is a tablet that’s placed under the tongue (sublingual) until it dissolves. Sublingual drugs are used to treat pollen allergies.
- Emergency epinephrine: If you have a severe allergy, you may need to carry an emergency epinephrine shot at all times. Given for severe allergic reactions, an epinephrine shot (Auvi-Q, EpiPen, others) can reduce symptoms until you get emergency treatment.
- Allergy encompasses a wide range of symptoms and conditions. Although allergies cannot be prevented, they will be treated and controlled.
- By making changes in the surrounding and to their diets patients can greatly limit exposure to certain allergens and reduce and control their symptoms.
- If surrounding control does not work, medication, immunotherapy and alternative therapy can help control the disease. Probiotics also can offer consumers an alternative to more invasive, medical means of treating allergy, and provide a dietary means of optimizing health and well-being.